cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 4424 from 2.0.76 to 3.0

ebasham
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, have a 4424 running 2.0.76, older Airespace code. I have attempted to upgrade it to 3.0.100. When I debug on the upgrade, I get TFTP Failure while storing in flash! when it starts writing the bootloader to flash - Cisco says it could be tftp server problem, so I used their recommended tftp server with the same results. The message log states this: WriteToFile: Error opening file /dev/flash_uboot. I'm wondering if I either have a controller with a bad flash or is there some other intermediary image I need to upgrade to before getting to 3.0. I haven't found any cisco docs on getting from 2.x to 3.x. Thanks for your help!

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Eric,

We have seen issues with this across various platforms/code versions. Two things I would recommend on this.

1.) Save config and reboot before attempting to upgrade the controller. Usually fixes these types of issues.

2.) Take your upgrade in baby steps. From 2.0 to 3.0 is a pretty big jump. You may want to upgrade to 2.2 first then to 3.0. The jump from 2.0 to 3.0 skips 2 other revisions, and usually the upgrade support is from 2 back.

Inside of the upgrade, I would also look into upgrading into the 3.2 code as well.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

steprodr - thanks a lot for your suggestions - do you know where I could get other versions of 2.x code? Cisco does not offer them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: