Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading code on controller - mesh

brock0150
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was going to upgrade a controller from 4.1.192.17M (Mesh) to the newer version of mesh code, i believe it's .22. Is there anything particular you have to do when you upgrade the code as far as the mesh ap's on it. The only thing mesh that is running off of it is a 1510. I read the release notes for upgrading the controller, it didn't say anything about removing the ap's off the controller or disabling the radio's. Just looking for some tips or pointers as far as upgrading mesh code. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to avoid screwing up anything.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

There is no special precaution to take, just be aware that the APs will lose the controller, and will download their own code once re-joining it.

Be careful, the controller can upgrade 6 APs at a time, so some of your APs, if you have many, will get stranded if they timeout without being able to join. They'll be back after 30 mn, or you can powercycle them to speed up the process.

hth

Jerome

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: