I am attempting to upgrade 41 cisco aironet 1242AG access points. I am receiving a timeout error and no data is being transmitted. We are upgrading from 12.3(8)JA2 to 12.4(10b)JA1. We are using Air Fortress as our wireless auth. appliance. What I've done so far.
1. Tested pings (good)
2. Opened port 69 on Air Fortress (tftp)
3. Verified two way management was set on Air Fortress(good)
4. Copied a simple text file onto a 4500 series switch from the server to make sure server was good for tftp (good)
5. Using following command "archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://<ip address>/<image>"
6. Had configuration and commands verified via TAC case (good)
7. Attempted transmitting a simple text file with a basic "copy tftp: flash" command to AP and still timed out.
8. Attempted upgrading to an earlier IOS image (same problem as expected)
9. Used several different tftp servers including Tftpd32 and 3cDaemon
I think there were more things I tried, but nothing is getting past the timeout error. 0 bytes are transferred, but tftp log shows communication attempts. Are there known issues with the 1242 APs when upgrading? Am I missing something simple?
If there was another thread on this, I'm sorry for the repeat. I scrolled through the threads and didn't see one. I have a vulnerability deadline this Friday, and I'm finally seeking help! :)
Transferring Crash file from standby:
Login to the Active WLC in HA.
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload filename <Desired filename>
(Cisco Controller) >transfer up...
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark and OmniPeek.
The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More filters will be added as time allows.
It is a living doc, so check back for changes every so often
Please feel ...
I have created a Powershell script to automatically add a Wireless Guest User on Cisco WLCs. (tested on 2500 Series)
The script should be completely self explanatory.
Powershell SNMP Module (Install-Module -Name SNMP)
SNMP Write Access to...