Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading Vxworks on AP350 Issue

Have AP350 running VxWorks 12.03T. Want to upgrade to Cisco IOS v12.3(7)JA1. I have conversion tool v2.1. and have the IOS v12.3(7) tar file downloaded and extraced. Read the conversion tool guide and have a few questions.

1. where is the helper image? I've followed the links, searched and searched and found everything but the helper file.

2. can you do the upgrade without the helper image files with just the conversion tool? I don't care to save current config on AP's.

Any help or direction would be appreicated.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

Re: Upgrading Vxworks on AP350 Issue

You can get the IOS upgrade image by going to the same place you downloaded the conversion tool 2.1 and selecting to download the conversion tool 2.0. This will lead you to the IOS upgrade image download (it's called AP350-Cisco-IOS-Upgrade-Image-v2.img).

The conversion tool isn't essential, you can do the upgrade through the AP's browser interface in the same way as you'd upgrade VXWorks. The main function I've found for the conversion tool is to save and convert the AP's config but if you don't care about the config that doesn't matter (the config is wiped during the upgrade so you end up with a factory default config).

It can take 10-20 minutes for the upgrade to complete and you can (!) have problems aferwards so beware. Check the forums here for details.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content