Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Upgrading WCS to Prime

I'm in the process of upgrading a customer's WCS server to Prime. I know before I can upgrade the WCS server to Prime. I must first upgrade the WCS sever to NCS. My problem is the customer's WCS server is running software version 7.0.230 and I need to upgrade it to 7.0.240 before I can extract the WSC database. My question is, if I upgrade the WCS server  from 7.0.230 to 7.0.240 will that cause the customer's  Wireless Lan Controllers that are being managed by WLC server to also upgrade?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrading WCS to Prime

Upgrading WCS will not cause the WLCs to upgrade. You can safely upgrade WCS without worrying about impacting the WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

5 REPLIES

Re: Upgrading WCS to Prime

Upgrading WCS will not cause the WLCs to upgrade. You can safely upgrade WCS without worrying about impacting the WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Upgrading WCS to Prime

Thanks for the help

Upgrading WCS to Prime

Please, disregard my last question. I had the answer now and thanks again for your help.

Upgrading WCS to Prime

Maurice, I had a devil of a time upgrading WCS to NCS to Prime.

Long story short, I found the time taken on a very unsuccessful WCS->NCS->Prime migration was 4-8 times longer than the time it took to just install Prime, add the WLCs, and manually rebuild the maps.

YMMV.

PS, Cisco Prime LMS is probably replacing their wired management software (often LMS, Cisco Works+ RME, etc). I believe every best-practice guide I've seen from Cisco says to have one Prime for wireless, and one Prime for wired... even though Prime looks like it could handle both.

Upgrading WCS to Prime

As you can see, this is my first time implementing a Cisco Prime installation so I have a question. The customer that I am migrating from WCS to Prime have purchased Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco Prime LMS. I understand how to migrate the WCS's database to Cisco Prime Infrastructure, but I am unsure what to do with Cisco Prime LMS. Do I import that same WCS's database into Cisco Prime LMS also or do I just set it up as a new installation?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content