cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent - 1130AG - not allowing associations from Windows Mobile clients??

dipteshpateluk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, usual one here. I've got a couple of 1130AG access points which will associate laptops configured with and without security but won't associate any Windows Mobile clients or Pocket PC's. I really need some help on this.....

Please can you let me know if there is anything I should look at or if you have any possible solutions. I've tried this on 5 different devices on various software and hardware versions!

Thanks,

Diptesh

3 Replies 3

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

I have been able to get the PPC version 5 cell phone edition to connect using WPA-PSK without too much trouble. You might want to try that. Don't forget you have to press and hold the icon for your ssid until you see the "connect" menu option pop up.

I am not that fond of wireless security on mobile. It does not have many options. I tried putting the Odyssey client on PPC 5.0 but it would not work. It is supposed to work on earlier versions so that would be an option.

R Duke

dave
Level 1
Level 1

Try making sure that the Aironet extensions are off - I know that this stops Mobile devices associating with the 1200 aps.

Dave Cook

Cheers Dave.

The solution is to turn off the Aironet extensions!

Thanks,

Diptesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card