hi;

Is that AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 can work simultaneously in AP and Bridge mode

thank for your help

6 Replies 6

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

yes, 1242 can work as root-bridge or non-root-bridge with wireless client

but it capable to work simultaneously as AP and bridge because i want connected my 2 Outdoor 1242 with DS wireless.

thank for your help.

yes, actually you can easily find the answer from IOS AP's configuration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Can you specify the actual link to where you can setup one raido in bridge mode and the other radio as a root-ap?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I think he is refering to this section:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/s43rf.html#wp1101651

config t

interface dot11radio 0

station-role root access-point

interface dot11radio 1

station-role non-root bridge

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, Chapter 6 "configure radio setting" tells us 1240 can work as root/not-root bridge with wireless, there are two way to do it. One is to use one radio as both bridge and AP, however for better performance, in reality we prefer to use a feature called LRF for 1240, use 11a as backhaul, use 11b/g as wireless client connection. so what you can configure is like:

interface dot11radio 0

station-role root access-point

interface dot11radio 1

station-role non-root bridge

If you only have one radio available for example for 1310, then you have to use the 2.4GHz radio to work as both bridge and AP, but this definately will greatly decrease the performance:

interface dot11radio 0

station-role non-root wireless-clients

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: