Views
Helpful
Replies

Use WLC (4402) licence for vWLC

KevinMuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

In my company I have actually two WLC model 4402 (20 AP each) which will be replaced by vWLC cause of end of life.

I know that licence are "paired" with device but is there any evantual possibility to tranfer our 40 AP licence used in 4402 to the vWLC to avoid a new licence purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ISHANT VARSHNEY
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Concept of licensing on 4402 WLCs is totally different from that of vWLC. 4400 series WLCs use to come with per-installed licenses. Also we can only rehost license on same platform.

AFAIK there is no way to transfer the license from 4400 to vWLC.

Thanks,

Ishant

*** Please rate the answer if you find it useful ***

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 but is there any evantual possibility to tranfer our 40 AP licence used in 4402 to the vWLC to avoid a new licence purchase.

This is not possible.  The "license" for the 4400-series controller is "hard coded" and cannot be migrated in any way.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ISHANT VARSHNEY
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Concept of licensing on 4402 WLCs is totally different from that of vWLC. 4400 series WLCs use to come with per-installed licenses. Also we can only rehost license on same platform.

AFAIK there is no way to transfer the license from 4400 to vWLC.

Thanks,

Ishant

*** Please rate the answer if you find it useful ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 but is there any evantual possibility to tranfer our 40 AP licence used in 4402 to the vWLC to avoid a new licence purchase.

This is not possible.  The "license" for the 4400-series controller is "hard coded" and cannot be migrated in any way.

That's what I thought, thanks for your confirmation. smiley

Thank you for taking the time to rate our posts, Kevin.  laugh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card