cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using 342 wireless bridge to connect to clients network??

nick.vernon
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect our network which uses 192.xxx.xxx.xxx scheme to our clients network which uses 10.xxx.xxx.xxx. Is there a way to configure the bridge to do this or do I need a router?

2 Replies 2

fjuch
Level 1
Level 1

You can use a bridge, but you need a router somewhere in the network. This could be a windows NT or Unix box. Configure the PC/Router LAN card to be on both networks say 192.0.0.1, and 10.0.0.1 and set ip forwarding on. This way any user who wants to talk to the other network will get an IP redirect and they will talk directly to the correct system. Of course all the PC's default router will need to be set to point at the correct default router. If you have a router connecting you to the internet, that can usually be used instead.

But what you are doing is very dangerous. I hope you own both companies, or there is a lot of trust involved. Usually my customers would want a firewall with authentication to do this.

blue.modal
Level 1
Level 1

You can build out a PC-based router with a Cisco card inside serving as an AP. This is common for Wireless ISPs. (In fact you can even build the router with an inexpensive flash-based hard drive to increase reliability.)

Are you comfortable with that level of hands-on work?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card