Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using wireshark for sniffing wlc 5.x HOW?

Hi,

release notes for wlc software 5.x state that it is possible to use a sniffer AP and wireshark to capture radia data. Setting up the AP is described but how do i setup the wireshark workstation to retrieve the traffic? Is there something like a daemon mode where wireshark listens on port xy for incomming packages from the AP or ...

So can someone lighten me?

regards Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Using wireshark for sniffing wlc 5.x HOW?

Martin - yes, indeed that's possible. However, the fine print is that it's a specially built wireshark version that understands the custom packet format which is used to encapsulate LWAPP between WLC and Wireshark machine. Please open a TAC case and ask the TAC engineer to get this special build for you. Hope that helps.

3 REPLIES

Martin - yes, indeed that's possible. However, the fine print is that it's a specially built wireshark version that understands the custom packet format which is used to encapsulate LWAPP between WLC and Wireshark machine. Please open a TAC case and ask the TAC engineer to get this special build for you. Hope that helps.

Hi Martin, do you have already contact TAC engineer for this wireshark edition? Could you share it? I have the same problem.

Thanks

Jozef

Yes, but they send me a patched windows version. cant work with that because i have no Windows sniffer at my monitor ports.

anyway, i have deleted the software, sorry.

Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies