cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Verifying/Comparing Cisco 1200 Configuration

estein
Level 1
Level 1

I need a way to compare the configs of Cisco 1200 series IOS APs. Some of my global sites need to verify that their APs are properly configured, but they don't have a WLSE. So I'd like to provide them with a config file, and have them compare their own APs against the config file, to find & identify differences. Has anyone come across or created a script that accomplishes this?

4 Replies 4

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

Try a program called Diff Doc.

kurtzhalsm
Level 1
Level 1

www.solarwinds.com has a good tool for comparing configs.

bhedlund
Level 4
Level 4

d.rehfeldt
Level 1
Level 1

The Center for Internet Security has a free tool (Perl-based) called the router audit tool (RAT) that you may find useful. It runs on both the Windows and UNIX operating systems.

http://www.cisecurity.org/bench_cisco.html

"The Router Audit Tool (rat) downloads configurations of devices to be audited (optionally), and then checks them against the settings defined in the benchmark. For each configuration examined, it produces a report listing the following:

* A list of each rule checked with a pass/fail score.

* A raw overall score

* A weighted overall score (1-10)

* A list of IOS/PIX commands that will correct problems identified.

In addition, rat produces a composite report listing all rules (settings) checked on all devices, as well as an overall score."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: