Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP configuration on AP1200

matthogue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

On an AP1200, can you set up two different SSIDs on a radio interface using two different types of encryption, without using vlans?

I am trying to use WEP for the data side(i know, still waiting on the wpa go ahead) and wpa2 on the voice side. The problem comes when I set the ecnryption mode on the radio interface. It only allows for one type, wep or wpa. And the site is so small that they do not want to set up vlans.

Any ideas?

thanks

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matt,

I stand corrected - but I don't think you can do that without VLAN's :o(

I am away from my lab today - if you don't get another answer from the forum, I am back in the lab next Tuesday, I can tell you then?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Matt,

I think this is possible - the VLAN association to a SSID is optional! See the below link for more information:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.2_13_JA/configuration/guide/s13ssid_ps4570_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

HTH.

Thanks Andrew, but I looked at that link before posting the question. Only one SSID per VLAN is possible......

Step 6

vlan vlan-id

(Optional) Assign the SSID to a VLAN on your network. Client devices that associate using the SSID are grouped into this VLAN. You can assign only one SSID to a VLAN

..... And we are wanting to use only one vlan(native) with two ssids. They said the vlan is optional because you do not have to name the native vlan as an actual identifier, unless multiple ssids are in use.

None of the other options on that link are viable for this setup.....

>VLAN

•Client authentication method

•Maximum number of client associations using the SSID

•Proxy mobile IP

•RADIUS accounting for traffic using the SSID

•Guest mode

•Repeater mode, including authentication username and password

Thanks for the response, but I am still in need of a solution, unless I need to get the network team to create a vlan......

Still searching. :)

OK - but 1 SSID per VLAN is correct, but that is not what you are trying to do, or have I got it wrong. You want multiple SSID's under the dot11 0 interface not using VLAN's??

Correct.

What we 'want' to have is two SSIDs, one native undefined VLAN, separate encryptions per ssid on the same radio interface.

thanks

Matt

Matt,

I stand corrected - but I don't think you can do that without VLAN's :o(

I am away from my lab today - if you don't get another answer from the forum, I am back in the lab next Tuesday, I can tell you then?

Thanks for the info. I just wanted someone else to verify for me that the vlan has to be in place. I have the network team on it right now and that is the route that we are going to have to go on this. Techs are onsite and need to fly out this afternoon.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!

Sure - no problem!

You to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: