Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

vpn access through BBSM 5.3

hi:

i have a bbsm 5.3 appliance, but unfortunatly i only access web pages, my point is how configure my bbsm as to alow internal vpn clients to connect through bbsm.

regards

1 REPLY

Re: vpn access through BBSM 5.3

I have the same issue, but only for some clients. Contractors using Nortel for instance work fine, but another contractor using Cisco v4.6 can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes. I opened a case with Cisco and they could not solve the problem. Try reading this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps533/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00801da1d4.html#wp1039600.

The BBSM isbasically neutral in VPN. However, I found that by changing tha aging period in an idle connection from the default 300 seconds to a higher number, clients experiencing dropped connections are now staying connected. I'm not sure, but maybe the BBSM sees certain VPN connections as idle after a period of time even though traffic is still passing. You might also look at tranparent tunneling.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content