Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

WAP4410 - Kicks everyone off.

We installed this AP at a client about 4 months ago.  It ran fine for about 3 months and now it kicks everyone off the network.  I tried to troubleshoot it in its current installed state but couldn't get into the unit. Nothing had changed with the defaults (IP address was still at 192.168.1.245).  The only way I could communicate with it was by plugging the Cat5 directly into my laptop and giving my NIC a static IP.

I updated firmware and was still getting no connection.  I finally changed the IP address to .210 and was able to get into it without it being plugged directly into my PC.  Now the client states the issue is back and the only way to get it working again is to power cycle the unit.  However, I can't justify a client having to power cycle the unit 3 times a day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeff

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: WAP4100 - Kicks everyone off.

Jeff,

what make is this ap?  d-link?

Community Member

Sorry mistyped

it is a 4410N

Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

Check this thread out.  Sounds similar:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3078740

"Firmware 2.0.0.5 fixed mine and I had the EXACT same problem.  I have been up for 17 days now."

Community Member

I have updated to the latest firmware.

Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

Gotcha.  Specifically what version do you have running on the ap?

This type of scenario can be difficult to troubleshoot since the ap doesn't have a console port.

You might want to set up a syslog server and configure the ap to log to it.  There could possibly be something happening that the ap might report before it ends up in the stuck state.

Here's the config guide.  Do a find in page for 'syslog' and you'll see where to set it up:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap4410n/administration/guide/WAP4410N_Admin_Guide.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content