Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP54G inaccessible

lruberintwari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an AP(Cisco Lynksis Wireless G WAP54G) with one port (LAN) on the back, i have tried several time accessing the administration page but in vain. I reseted the AP (holding the reset button within 10 secondes) and try again to access through my internet brower but still having the same issue on accessing the admin page. Can someone help me to sort out this? The main target is to access the admin page and configure settings in order to amplify my signal in some offices away.

Thanks for your support

Lionel R

7 Replies 7

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,,

Since the 54G comes set to

(subnet 255.255.255.0) as its factory default, you'll need to make sure the computer that you're running the browser on is setup in the 192.168.1.X subnet.

have you done this????

Regards

Please rate if it help.

Hi Sandee,

Yes of course this was done and i gave my NIC 192.168.1.5/24 but am still having the same issue on accessing the admin page.

Regards,

Lionel

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Does telnet works?

---

Posted by WebUser Panagios Kalogeropoulos from Cisco Support Community App

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

you can try to do a hard 30/30/30 reset, just in case. Hold the reset button for 30 secs, then without release the button pull out the plug for another 30 secs and then put the plug back in without release the reset button for another 30 secs and see if it works.

---

Posted by WebUser Panagios Kalogeropoulos from Cisco Support Community App

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

We featured your question on our support pages. Check out some of the responses here: http://www.facebook.com/CiscoSupportCommunity/posts/399844630062419

---

Posted by WebUser Cisco NetPro from Cisco Support Community App

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

We featured your question on our support pages. Check out the responses here. http://www.facebook.com/CiscoSupportCommunity/posts/399844630062419

---

Posted by WebUser Cisco NetPro from Cisco Support Community App

Hi guys,

I have done your recomendations but till now i am still having issues, i reset my AP using 30/30/30 and put ly NIC in the same subnet but issues are still there. Thanks for your advices

regards,

Lionel

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card