Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Warning Client 000f.55a8.xxxx had 1 AES-CCMP TSC replays

Hi all, I hope you guys can help me... so far this is only happening to one of my device that is connecting to an autonomous CISCO 1141 AP

with the latest firmware

Product/Model Number:AIR-LAP1141N-A-K9
 Top Assembly Serial Number:XXXXXXXXXX
 System Software Filename:c1140-k9w7-xx.153-3.JAB
 System Software Version:15.3(3)JAB
 Bootloader Version:

12.4(23c)JA6

I have a client that is able to connect to the AP but it will time out and lose its connection.  it uses a ROSEWILL  RNWD-N1501UB  USB wifi adapter

I had updated to the latest driver from website  it uses ralink technology drivers.   once device gets connected to the AP.. I can see in the event log with alot of the following warning message   Warning Client 000f.55a8.xxxx had 1 AES-CCMP TSC replays   the numbers keep going up..

I tried multiple software but non work the only one that actually worked were the older versions like the 12.4 .  non of the 15.2 and up work.. I only tried 3 firmware so far...

any idea why this is happen and how to fix it ?  when I unplug the usb wifi adapter and use the onboard wifi card from Intel centrino wireless n-2200  it works without issues...

please see below for my current APs config file

!
! Last configuration change at 16:54:56 -0500 Wed Sep 3 2014
! NVRAM config last updated at 16:54:56 -0500 Wed Sep 3 2014
! NVRAM config last updated at 16:54:56 -0500 Wed Sep 3 2014
version 15.2
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone
service password-encryption
!
hostname CiscoWireless
!
!
logging rate-limit console 9
enable secret 5 $@#@$&@#&@&ahwydh***
!
no aaa new-model
clock timezone -0500 -5 0
no ip cef
!
!
!
!
dot11 syslog
!
dot11 ssid mywifiid
   authentication open 
   authentication key-management wpa version 2
   guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 7 12345678912345
!
!
dot11 guest
!
!
!
username Ciscobaby password 7 052xxxxxxxxx
username admin privilege 15 password 7 104C0xxxxxxxxxxxx
username abcdef privilege 15 password 7 14151F1C5Fxxxxxxx
!
!
bridge irb
!
!
!
interface Dot11Radio0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 !
 encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm 
 !
 ssid mywifiid
 !
 antenna gain 5
 channel 2412
 station-role root
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
!
interface GigabitEthernet0
 ip address 192.168.1.50 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 no keepalive
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
!
interface BVI1
 description LAN Interface - asus router
 ip address 192.168.1.30 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
!
ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1
ip forward-protocol nd
ip http server
no ip http secure-server
ip http help-path http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag
!
!
bridge 1 route ip
!
!
!
line con 0
 login local
line vty 0 4
 login local
 transport input all
!
sntp server 165.193.126.229
end

I hope someone who ran into this issue can help me......  the client would keeep dropping off the AP... It does not stay connected for longer then 2 minutes... 

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,These warnings are always

Hi,

These warnings are always been related to minor client side Bug. I understand that there are new features and some changes been added in the latest versions of the AP which has an incompatibility issues with most of the old client drivers or softwares. Please do check if you have latest versions to upgrade your client adapters to get rid of these warning and get a better connection with your latest version of the APs.

Regards

Salma

Hi Salma..   thanks for the

Hi Salma..   thanks for the reply..

I kind of knew it might be a client side wireless adapter bug with new cisco firmware which is causing the problem.. I did not get this issue with my wireless usb adapter when I was using the first autonomous firmware... it started happening once I updated to a later firmware..

I am not sure if you work for cisco. but is there anyway cisco can fix this bug in later release of autonomous firmware ?

the work around for me is to use the onboard wireless adapter from Intel it works without issues..

the wireless adapter I am having issue with is  a Rosewill RWND-N1501UB wireless usb adapter.Thanks.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

With any vendor, and upgrade

With any vendor, and upgrade can go smooth or might not.  Many times going from code that are a few years apart, can cause issues in which an update in the client driver is the fix.  I have seen this many times and I warn my clients of this too.  It's there option to back rev to the code they were on if they can't update the drivers.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies