Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS 5.0.56.0 - Where is AP-Groups VLAN feature?

I have 4 AP Groups (WLC: WLANs/Advanced/AP Groups VLAN) setup to limit what SSIDs each AP serves. These all show up as mismatches in WCS. I cant find any template available to configure these in WCS nor can I "Refresh Controller Values" to fix it. Any ideas? Is this a feature they forgot in WCS?

Versions: WCS:5.0.56.0 & WLC:5.0.148.0

5 REPLIES

Re: WCS 5.0.56.0 - Where is AP-Groups VLAN feature?

Yes, that's strange. You can configure an AP template so that APs a re part of the AP group VLAN, but the group itself doesn't show anymore in the controller templates. You can still configure it on each controller individually.

When auditing a controller (config controllers, select the one to audit -> audit now / Go), I can still see refresh controller values or restore WCS values..

hth

J

Cisco Employee

In WCS,there is no template option available to configure AP group vlan.But you can configure via WCS:

1)GO TO configure>controllers.click controller name link.

2)CLICK WLAN on left hand side.YOU WILL FIND AP group vlan.

3)Now configure AP group vlan-by adding group and select ssid want to serve for each vlan.

This will save directly to wlc.

I hope this will resolve your problem.

Thanks

Kannan

Bronze

Hey folks,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't AP Groups VLAN simply re-map the interface of the SSID from the defualt interface definition under the WLAN? I don't believe it restricts what SSIDs/WLANs are advertized by the Access Point - this has to be performed at the AP or via an AP Template. Is this a new feature of APG in 5.0?

Thanks for any clarification,

--Bruce Johnsom

You are right Bruce, the issue described in this thread is a combination of WLAN override, to decide which SSID is advertized by an AP, and AP group VLAN, to decide which interface / which VLAN tag traffic comming from a given SSID on a given AP will receive...

Bronze

Thanks Jerome,

Oh well. It would be nice to have WLAN override avaialble in a named-group function. Glad I wasn't missing out anyway.

Regards,

--Bruce Johnson

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content