cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 5.1.64.0 problem making AP changes

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to make a change to an AP like the AP name or any other change the change does not take when I hit the apply button. WCS then dumps me to a blank controller page.

Anyone else seeing this?

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you trying to create and apply a template? What version of code is running on the WLC?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

WLC is running 5.1.151.0. When I log on to the WLC directly the changes are allowed and the WCS gets updated that the change has been made. It only seems when I make the change via the WCS that it fails.

One of my peers also had issues on that code, but with creating interfaces on the WLC. Were you trying to create a template and push that out?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Currently it is just working with the AP's. I added a few AP's and I was just trying to rename them to a more common name. It also seems to be any other AP changes. I have not tried anything else because I don't want to make too many changes while I have this problem.

i am alos haveing the same problem and have a similar setup, has anyone found a workaround yet?

The resolution ended up being a config sync problem between the WCS and Controller.

Sync the controllers at Configure > Controllers > check the box to select them all > and choose "Refresh Config From Controllers" from the dropdown list; when the next question comes up, choose to Delete conflicting information from WCS and believe the new facts coming in from the controllers.

This is what solved my problem.

Perfect sorted it out fine, had to do a few tweaks as i didn't have the local AP password template added since the upgrade, but added that and all good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: