Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS 6.0.181.0 map exporting?

Does anyone know if its possible to export the floorplan map and its associated ap's to a JPG./GIF or PNG file?  I can use a screen recorder application, but it's not really what I want to use.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: WCS 6.0.181.0 map exporting?

The export function in WCS that was added allows you to export the AP/WIFI Receivers/Chokepoint positions in these formats:

AP_Positions Format is: [BuildingName],[FloorName],[APName],(aAngle),(bAngle),[X],[Y],(([Z,aAngleElevation,bAngleElevation]),(aAntennaType, aAntennaMode/Diversity, (aAntennaPattern, (aAntennaGain)), bAntennaType, bAntennaDiversity, (bAntennaPattern, (bAntennaGain)))).

LS_Positions Format is: [BuildingName],[FloorName],[LSMacAddress],[LSName],[IP Address],[X],[Y],[Z].

CP_Positions Format is: [BuildingName],[FloorName],[CPMacAddress],[CPName],[IP Address],[Range],[X],[Y],[Z],[IsPerimeter].

If you need a visual picture of the AP placement your best bet is the screen capture.

I think that a capture of the image with APs placed would be a nice documentaion addition to the export and sounds like a good PERS request to your account team.

Views
Helpful
Replies