Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS cant add controller

Liad Dayan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Iam having trouble adding a new controller(2500) to the WCS.

My WCS version 6.0.196.0

My WLC version 7.0.116.0

Now, My question is:

If i upgrade my WCS i may add the new contoller?

Even if in cisco DATA-SHEET there isnt any mention regarding this WLC(basicly it says that the WCS does not support this WLC)

DATA-SHEET :

Managed Devices

Cisco 2000, 2100, 4100 and 4400, 5500 Series Wireless LAN   Controllers; Cisco Catalyst® 6500 Series Wireless Services   Module (WiSM), Cisco Catalyst 3750G Integrated Wireless LAN Controller, Cisco   Wireless LAN Controller Module (WLCM and WLCM-E) for Integrated Services   Routers; Cisco Aironet access points with CleanAir technology, Cisco Aironet   lightweight access points, Cisco Aironet lightweight outdoor mesh access   points, Cisco 3300 Series Mobility Services Engine (MSE), Cisco Wireless   Location Appliance, Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi, Cisco Context-Aware   Software, and Cisco Adaptive wIPS Software.

Monitoring and migration of selected Cisco Aironet standalone   (autonomous) access points. Monitoring of the standalone access points of   Cisco 800, 1800, 2800, and 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers

WCS Screen:

Untitled.png

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your WCS version should be higher than the WLC version. That's why you are not able to add the WLC(s).

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have onther controller on the network with version 7.0.98.0

And his added to the WCS.(his type is 2100)

Don't know but it's not supported. Maybe you had it already added to WCS and then you upgraded the code on the WLC. See the matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCS_RN7_0_220.html#wp152663

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card