Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS FTP Backup

I am running WCS 4.0 under Linux (RHEL 4) and am trying to figure out how to automatically FTP the most recent backup file off to an external FTP server. I had hoped to use an FTP client to pull the file from WCS as it seems to be running a FTP server but even Cisco TAC can't provide any info on how to login to WCS via FTP. So I guess I'm left with the option of using the FTP client on WCS to copy (put) the file to another FTP server (as opposed to getting it from WCS). I have WCS configured to automatically back itself up every 7 days and to keep 7 versions of the backup. These 7 backup files are stored in /opt/backups/WCSBackup. I need to find a way to copy the most recent file each week to a common file name, such as "WCS_Backup", and then use FTP to copy it off the WCS server to an external FTP server. I figured out how to automate the FTP part using .netrc but am having trouble figuring out the file renaming and copy logic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: WCS FTP Backup

If you do a man cp, you will see that there is a backup flag you can use.

"cp --backup"

You can also use cron to schedule it.

Re: WCS FTP Backup

I was in a rush when I posted earlier. There is also rsync that will easily do what you are asking for.

Here is a sample of a simple backup script

http://www.linux-backup.net/scripts/Backup.gpg.pl

Views
Helpful
Replies