cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS licences into prime 2.1

chrisblake23
Level 1
Level 1

I have WCS running version 5.2.148.0 .. It has 450 base licences .

I have now got Prime running at version 2.1

Is there a way of taking the 450 base licences from WCS and import them into prime 2.1 as device licences ???

I aslo have the software assurance plan from cisco !!

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is not the supported method to make you eligible to retain the 450 WCS licenses as PI Lifecycle licenses. SASU for the WCS product would include that eligibility.

SASU for PI only covers the Base plus any Lifecycle and Assurance licenses purchased with your Prime Infrastructure.

You partner should be able to confirm this using both the Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW) ordering tool and the PI BOM builder (the latter available in the Partner Community)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you you have a current SASU contract on your WCS, you should be eligible to upgrade the license to Prime Infrastructure (Base plus Lifecycle for the same number of devices).

You can use the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT). Go to http://www.cisco.com/upgrade

Hi chris,

I believe that you would need to purchase the license for the device itself. as for the base licenses they are not transferable. what do you mean by software assurance? is it a smartnet contract? for further assistance with this please email me at fguasque@cisco.com hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ferdinand Guasque

Hi ,

My company purchased through BT a Cisco Software Application Support Plus Upgrades (SASU) technical support ( SASU ) for Prime 1.4 , with it we was able to upgrade to prime 2.1 for free .

We was led to believe that we have 450 devices registered on WCS , and would be able to transfer them over to prime ?? Is this correct ??

Chris

That is not the supported method to make you eligible to retain the 450 WCS licenses as PI Lifecycle licenses. SASU for the WCS product would include that eligibility.

SASU for PI only covers the Base plus any Lifecycle and Assurance licenses purchased with your Prime Infrastructure.

You partner should be able to confirm this using both the Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW) ordering tool and the PI BOM builder (the latter available in the Partner Community)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card