cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS/Location Synchronization Error

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 4402 that was in demo status in my lab. I then moved it into production. While there were only minor changes such as IP, DNS, hostname, etc. to the 2710, WCS is a fresh install on another machine. When I attempt to synchronize the same 2710 with the new WCS, I get the following error:

A similar element was found in the Server. Please synchronize again to remove any disparities.

I have synchronized several times without success. Any ideas? I'm not open to re-doing the setup on either, so hopefully someone knows of a file on the 2710 that stores the information the error makes reference to and I can just erase it or overwrite it.

Regards,

Scott

1 Reply 1

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

Figured out a way to resolve the issue without having to blow away my Location Server:

1. Console or SSH into your box

2. Stop the location server by typing

command: /etc/init.d/locserverd stop

3. Go to the directory where the location server stores its location information

command: cd /opt/locserver/db/linux

4. Delete the current database WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE ALL CURRENT LOCATION DATA!!

command: rm -f server-eng.db

5. Reload the appliance

command: reboot

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card