cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS mac filtering template error

madhankumar.g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to create a mac filtering template in WCS. I am trying to import from a csv file. I am getting below error "Invalid MAC Address '"00:24:d6:68:7c:16' at line 1". But my template information seems to be correct. I am attaching the template sample information as xls file since csv is not supported for upload. Please suggest, what can be the issue. Regards, Madhan kumar G

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies 8

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Try this:

add the first line as:

#MAC Adresse, Profile Name, Interface, Description
00:24:d6:68:7c:16,CHROME-BOOK,vlan102,test

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,

I tried it. It doesn't work. Do you have any other suggestion?

Regards,

Madhan kumar G

HI Madan,

These are the fields you must have in CSV file: thats all I can tell you.(For me its working perfectly)

#MAC Address,Profile Name,Interface,Description
22:22:22:22:22:22,profile8,management,cisco

Note: "MAC Address" and "Description" are mandatory fields.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,

Request you to share a sample csv file which you uploaded. I  will edit that file and try once. I am really not getting why such a simple upload is not working. I am going to change browsers and check today. Thank you.

Regards,

Madhan kumar G

send me a private message on cisco web or give me mail id.

REgards

Hi Sandeep,

madhan.techie@gmail.com

Check your mail.

Regards

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks a lot :) . When I tried in the format shared by you. It worked. So the basic idea is , we should put the details in separate columns in csv file, rather than by putting commas in a single column.

Regards,

Madhan kumar G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: