cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Maps

nickh2022
Level 1
Level 1

This may be a stupid question, but when setting up a new building/floor is the square footage really important?

How do you acquire the square footage information?

2 Replies 2

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

When setting up a building make sure it has enough square footage to accommodate the floor areas or you will receive a error stating the the floor area exceeds the area of the building. The building square footage is actually the drawing square footage. Areas outside of the building but in the jpg are included in the calculations. The best way is to over estimate on the building then scale the floor correctly from a know distance on the drawing.

BRYN JONES
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When I put my maps in, I get the map, however accurate it is, from our Estates Department. They rarely have a scale or measurements on them so I go and find the building in Google Earth (GE), rotate the building in there so that it is in the same orientation and then use the measuring tool in GE to get the measurements in metres.

It might not be the most scientific approach, but it's not that bad when you have nothing to go on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card