Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS with location doesnt locate clients

I have WCS with location installed. From the Cisco documentation the WCS with location is suppose to provide a small set of location/mapping functions. Adding the location appliance will give you historical data.

When trying to view clients on the floor map it says that "No clients found on this floor. Either you dont have any location server which locates clients or no clients are detected."

There are several clients that are online and show up in the other search function but they arent mapped out.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES

Re: WCS with location doesnt locate clients

Your clients need to be received by at least 2 APs before WCS will display them on the map.

This should work without Location Appliance.

Chris.

I'm having a similar problem with WCS not displaying my client(s) on the Heatmap. I have setup a lab environment with a single 2006 controller and 2 1010 APs. I walked around the perimeter of my office space to verify roaming between controllers but WCS still doesn't display my client. When I try to reload the heatmap it says:

Loading clients..

Loaded 0 out of 0 Clients.

I have also verified that Clients are not being filtered from the view.

Any more ideas?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

How do I find out if the clients are received by 2 AP's?

Do they just have to be in a certain range from the AP's?

Make sure to enable client tracking by going to "Location - Location Server - Polling Parameters" and check the box for "Client". You may want to auto-synchronize through "Scheduled Tasks".

Views
Helpful
Replies