Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS Wrong RRM Groups

Hi guys.. I have the next scenario:

4 WISM Modules (8 Controllers), administered by a WCS 7.0.230.0.

All the Controllers have the same configuration and all are members of the same Mobility Group. But for some reason, the WCS says that there are 2 RRM groups (with the same name) with 6 and 2 members each. (I configured again those 2 Controllers, but had the same result)

If i get into the WLC GUI I can see the other 7 members in each device. According to the WLCs everything is fine. Its just the WCS that thinks there are 2 differente groups.

Any idea of what could be wrong? Any info you may need?

thanks in advance!

Omar M.

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES

WCS Wrong RRM Groups

If at somepoint it pulled a template from the controllers it stores it and if it changes and another is pulled it can leave that template and just add a new one, when I have a wierd conflict like that, I delete the templates and just have WCS re-create them from the controllers.

WCS Wrong RRM Groups

Hi Omar,

can you please provide a screenshot from WCS about what you see?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

WCS Wrong RRM Groups

Refresh the config from WLC to WCS.

WCS Wrong RRM Groups

I just did. Updated the configs but it stills shows 2 RMM groups

Bronze

WCS Wrong RRM Groups

Are we talking RF Groups?

I could be wrong, but I think 7.0 still limits RF groups to 1000 AP capacity. 

So I would suppose that 8 x 150AP = 1200 APs (so a group of 6 WLCs [900 Capacity] and 2 WLCs [300 capacity] makes sense to me)...

In the newer code and hardware platform, I think it calculates on actual AP count, not just capacity.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.