Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WDS and client authentication

Hello Experts;

Currently I have 4 subnets with about 10 AP's apiece and 1 master WDS per subnet. When my clients roam from one subnet to another i cannot get another ip on the new subnet. The WDSs are configured exactly the same (except for hostname, etc) and they have connectivity to the dhcp servers. Is there anything that I am missing?

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: WDS and client authentication

One or more client server groups on the WDS define client authentication.

When a client attempts to associate to an infrastructure AP, the infrastructure AP passes the credentials of the user to the WDS for validation. If the WDS sees the credentials for the first time, WDS turns to the authentication server to validate the credentials. The WDS then caches the credentials, in order to eliminate the need to return to the authentication server when the same user attempts authentication again. This chapter describes how to configure access points for Wireless Domain Services (WDS), fast, secure roaming of client devices, and radio management. This chapter contains these sections:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/mar_3200/mar_wbrg/o13wds.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.