Views
Helpful
Replies

Web auth users

mvandorp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a wlc2206 with a few LAPs, using web auth. It works fine, but sometimes logging in is denied, possibly because another client already used the credentials (concurrent logins = 1).

Where can I see which users are logged in? I only found the CLI user sessions, but I want to know about the network users.

I use RADIUS for authentication, that is working fine. The event log does not say much.

Where is the info?

Thanks,

Marcel

3 Replies 3

jicr
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using ACS as your radius server there is an option tosee the logged in users

goto Report and activity>>Passed authentications

I use freeradius, and indeed I can see the successful authentication.

That doesn't mean the session still exists, because there is no 'logout' action with WebAuth (and if there is, people forget to log out).

I can see which computers currently have the status 'Authenticated', but I cannot see as which user they are authenticated!

Do you have any other ideas?

Marcel

Hoi Marcel,

If you have a WCS, you can choose Reports > Client Reports > Unique Clients. This will show you the usernames that were used to login to the wireless client's OS. These need not be the same as the usernames used for Radius auth, but it's something.

Another idea: set the Radius Server's logging level at a higher level, the logging should show usernames then (but provide plenty of disk space).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card