cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird Problem! Cisco 2950

sarfarazkazi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I really dont know if this issue is applicable here but I am desperate for help now. We have a wireless project providing internet access in a very remote location. There are wireless mesh accesspoints connected back to back by wireless Point2MultiPoint Links (P2MP). I have 2 BSU (Base Station Units) each connected to 3 CPEs. The 2 BSU's are connected to zero configuratoin 2950 switch.Below is a brief on the technical scenario:-

1. Wired backhaul subnet 10.10.10.0/27.

BSU ONE: 10.10.10.2

BSU TWO: 10.10.10.3

2. DHCP Relay 192.168.2.0/24.

Issue:

The problem is that when I connect both the BSU to the switch they perform well. But after 10-15 minutes the other BSU (10.10.10.2) starts giving huge delays and finally times out. Disconnecting the stable BSU (10.10.10.3) from the switch brings the other one up. The switch already has STP enabled.

Is there a loop in the network? Any problem with the BSUs? Are the Mesh Access Points broadcasting? How do I troubleshoot this? Your valuable comments, suggestions will definitely get me somehwere.

Attachments: network scenario, ping snapshots of the BSUs.

Regards

Sarfaraz

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

I need a whole lot more information. What model number of aceess points, controller code, and distance between MESH units just to start.

Hi Dennis,

We are using Tropos 5210 Mesh Routers as Access Points and a Colubris 3500 Controller for a portal page.

The distance between each mesh unit is more than 50 metres.

Can't really help you there. I don't know the Tropos or Colubris products well enough to assist. I suggest you call their tech support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card