cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WEP Key decrypt error

luc_despatie
Level 1
Level 1

We have WPA1 clients and web authentication with the WLC4402. I have this trap "WEP Key decrypt error" and after the client cannot log anymore on the wi-fi network. I have to remove the client from the controller so they can log on the wi-fi network

WEP Key decrypt error. Station MAC Address is 00:16:ce:20:59:66, Base Radio MAC is 00:14:c1:2c:00:00 and Slot ID is 0.

Why I have wep traps when I use WPA ? I don't use WEP.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Which type of client card are you using?

I have test two card :

Cisco Aironet (AIR-CB21AG-W-K9) 802.11a/b/g

and

Atheros communication 802.11a/b/g (on thinkpad T43)

alois.heilmaier
Level 1
Level 1

I get the same error.

WPA2 only with PEAP authentication.

I use the Intel2200BG Card.

same problem here with 3945ABG with WPA1 and web auth

I found in a document that the web auth will not work with encryption. I have confirm this with my system engineer at Cisco.

Cisco doesn't seem to have a plan to include the encryption and the web auth in a near future, but if everyone ask for it, maybe they will add it.

jsteffensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are using 802.1x and 104 bit WEP to authenticate against a ACS Server

(LEAP)

Sporadically we are also getting the same errormessage muliple times:

Wed Nov 1 12:09:01 2006--WEP Key decrypt error. Station MAC Address is 00:40:96:b1:d1:01, Base Radio MAC is 00:0b:85:71:21:01 and Slot ID is 1.

Wed Nov 1 12:05:01 2006--WEP Key decrypt error. Station MAC Address is 00:40:96:b1:d1:01, Base Radio MAC is 00:0b:85:71:21:01 and Slot ID is 1.

It seesms that this error-essage are dieplayed in different configuration cenarios.

Does anyone know what exactly the reason is for this error message is.

(Execpt for the Cisco docu statement "Notification sent when the controller detects a WEP decrypting error.")

Best Regards

Jarle

Hi Jarle,

we have the same scenarion and I got the same messages. Did you have a solution ?

Thanks for any suggests,

Best regards

Armin

Hi ARmin

We actually have a TAC Case open now - since 2 months. Still working on the problem.

I'll let you know when we solve it.

I am seeing the exact same issue using Symbol 9060 RF guns. The fat AP's dont have an issue at all but when i try and use the LAP and WLC 4400 it gives the WEP error. The clients randomly drop and have to be reset with a warm boot to get them back up. Please let me know what you find. I also have a Symbol engineer coming out tomorrow and I will ask them what they think as well.

I think WEP errors that you are seeing on the Controller has anything to do with the clients dropping connection. May be the clients have some problem staying up or there are holes in the wireless coverage. Signal interference can also make the clients to drop connectivity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: