Views
Helpful
Replies

WGB and 4402 WLC

dselfridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer want's to connect some printers to the WLAN. I'm trying to use a 1242 autonomous AP in Workgroup Bridge mode (Ver. 12.4(3g)JA1). The controller is running 4.1.171. The printers have a Parallel to ethernet(RJ45) converter on them.

Trouble is that I can't connect to the WLAN, The error message on the wgb is;

'Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: No WPAIE exist for the ssid (Hidden)'

and;

'Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: WPAIE invalid multicast suite exp=0x0050F205 act=0x0050F202'

I know that AP1000's are not supported but my customer is using AP1010's are these supported?

If not, can anyone suggest a good wireless printserver with a parallel port to use on a controller based network? I'm using WPA PSK.

24 Replies 24

If you know the IP you should be able to get into the WGB.

By the way, WCS 4.2 recognizes workgroup bridges, so you would be able to see it's IP from there (if you have WCS).

We have WCS. The only problem I see is that the AP registers as a Universal WGB using the MAC address of the connecting device. I've put an IP address in the AP but I can't get to it.

Is this with WCS 4.1 or 4.2? 4.2 just came out, and specifically has a page for WGBs.

Also, I'm running in standard WGB mode, not universal WGB mode.

Be wary of new code versions. It bites being the first Christian thrown to the lions.

We just upgraded to WCS 4.1. I'm reading the release notes right now.

Were you able to get your WGB to communicate with the LWAPP network without LEAP? We're using WPA-PSK and I couldn't get it to assoicate correctly, it kept wanting some form of EAP.

In order to access a Universal WGB by its IP Adress, you need to disconnect Ethernet port from your device. So the UniversalWGB will reconnect with it's own Mac adress and you should be able to get it with it's IP.

With concols port you will see a message like that :

uclient mac adress not present in arp table reconnectig with BVI mac adress

And on your controller you should see your uwgb device with its own mac (bvi)

Same thing for us : the IOS version of 1242 IOS12.4(3g)JA1 was unable to connect to Lwapp APS in Universal Workgroup bridge.

After upgrading to 124-10b.JA this is working.

(WLC controller : 4.1.185)

I trust its impossbile to manage Universal WGB (and wgb also) via WLC, but it souhld be possible to manage them via HTTP interface or Telnet.

See my message before explaning how (disconnect ethernet device)

Hello all

Here are the configuration i got working:

WLC : 4.1.185

AP : 1242AG, IOS 12.4(10b)JA

WPA-PSK-TKIP

WLC config :

Simple SSID "PRINTERS" with WPA and TKIP enabled only (not AES)

Universal WGB configuration attached to this postDo NOT forget to change universal workgroup bridge client Mac address (0012.3f13.f698 in my file)

Good Luck!

I figured as much. I asked the engineer I had been working with on the TAC case I opened and he told me the same thing.

I'm just happy that it is working and it has been working very well!

jw17731jd
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone comes across this thread, the error message below is an association issue:

%DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: No WPAIE exist for the ssid

Basically what this means is there is a mismatch between encryption set on the AP or Wireless Controller and the WGB (per Page 85 of the linked PDF).

In my case I had the WGB set to AES-CCM and TKIP. But our controller was set to AES. So I removed TKIP from the WGB and instantly the WGB associated with the controller. All is now well.

Good luck to anyone else, I hope this helps!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card