Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WGB Config in in LWAPP Environment

Hi All, i tried to configure a WGB (1252, 1242, both Autonomous) to work in an LWAPP Environment. I know the Configuration Examples and the Config Guide. I dont trust in WEP and TLS doesnt work instead the Customer has no PKI implemented so far. Can anybody help me with a working LEAP or EAP-FAST based Configuration? Is PSK supported? Regards, Michael

2 REPLIES

Re: WGB Config in in LWAPP Environment

Open authentication with WEP is NOT a secure method for authenticating devices. Cisco recommends that you use advanced authentication methods, such as WPA+TKIP, WPA2+AES, EAP-FAST, and EAP-TLS authentication, in order to secure the WLAN. WGB supports Open, WEP, CKIP, WPA+TKIP, WPA2+AES, LEAP, EAP-FAST,Local EAP and EAP-TLS authentication modes. This document uses Open with WEP only for simplicity.

Re: WGB Config in in LWAPP Environment

This is exactly what i mean, WEP is not secure. I'm looking for a working WGB configuration with EAP-FAST or maybe LEAP as authentication method. How does a WGB learn and accept the PAC?

Views
Helpful
Replies