Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WGB's vs. Wireless Bridges

I recently had a project to add one of our security gates to the network. It is approximately 1/4 mile from our main facility. I didn't have a couple of 340 or 350 bridges to use but I did have an available AP, WGB and yagi antenna's. What I did was install the AP at the main facility and installed one yagi at the main faciltiy and one yagi at the security gate. At the security gate I installed a 350WGB and the one P.C. attached to the network just fine. In a scenario similiar to this I am using 340 wireless bridges(more expensive). What would be the advantage or disadvantage of using one method over the other? Thanks...

3 REPLIES

Re: WGB's vs. Wireless Bridges

The WGB allows only 8(?) MAC addresses across the link. More than enough for one guard, not enough for a remote office.

Cisco Employee

It depends on how many wired clients/PCs you want at gate..WGB can only connect 8 Wired cleints..No wireless clients..

With regular bridge, you can have wireless clients associated with bridge at gate can route to main facility as well.

Also ,the 350 WB and AP only accept power over Ethernet, the WGB uses a power supply.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content