Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WGB350 Distance limit?

Hi

I have the following situation

Root BR ------- 8km ---- WGB

-----------9km-------- non root bridge

The P2P link works fine. when i turn on the wgb and i ping the wgb i have many packet lost. and when i ping the root br from my Backbone i have also packet lost. and when i turn of the wgb i can ping the root bridge without problems and everything works fine. we have also changed the WGB no changes. the strange thing is when i make a link test or ping test FROM the Root BR to the WGB it looks very good. so i thought that the WGB interference the Bridge behind the Root bridge (there is p2p link with 2 bridges in my backbone) but the channels are 9 and 13 so that couldnt be the problem. i have also entered on the root bridge the bridgespacing of 9km and i have no security. so is there a problem with wgb over large distances 8km?

or what could cause that problem?

regards

Bernhard

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: WGB350 Distance limit?

WGB 350 has the 2.2db rubber omni antenna good for about 300ft max, thats about 10mtrs, which should be fine in your case.

Re: WGB350 Distance limit?

we dont have a normal wgb we have the one with two antenna connectors and we use the parabolic dish on the wgb =)

regards Bernhard

Views
Helpful
Replies