Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Which IOS command allows me to check AP's current working mode?

Hi All,

I would like to know that my AP is working in root mode or workgroup bridge mode. I can check it via web browser. Just curious how to check it via IOS command. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Which IOS command allows me to check AP's current working mo

Hi Robert,

show running-config - (look for);

station-role

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/command/reference/cr43main.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you, Rob.

Maybe I should be more specific. How to verify current working mode?

For example, I can issue "show controllers Dot11Radio 0" to verify the current working channel. I suspect there is also a similar IOS command to verify the current working mode.

Silver

Hi Robert,

Perform the "show run interface dot0" command to show the running-configuration for your dot11radio0 interface. Look for the command line that starts with "station-role". This will tell you what role your radio is in.

For example, if it is "station-role root bridge", the radio is configured as a root bridge. If it's just "station-role root", then it's configured as an infrastructure AP.

This is what Rob is saying, but a bit more specific. I don't know of there being a "show" command that states what the radio's role is.

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies