Helpful
Replies

which wireless Product I have to use : Please Help me

chongwan.park
Level 1
Level 1

sminhaz@rediffmail.com

Dear Sir ,

I am Planning to setup of a Network through wireless, But I am Confuse which product I will use .. CISCO Aironet 350 Series .. but I have to give a setup in 5 place in that case on station is in Middle & rest of the place is around this .. So I want to give setup Multi point to Uni point so that every one can connect with each other ... The thing is If i want to do this setup then what are the product I have to use like if i go for point to point then I can use

1 For Cisco Aironet 350 Series:

a) Cisco Aironet 350 Series 11 Mbps DSSS Br., 100mW Output with 128 Bit WEP

b) Air Country Option for India

c) Air Line Cord United Kingdom/Universal Power Supply

d) 340 Series Serial Cable for Console Port Configuration

e) 100 Ft (30m) Low Loss Antenna Cable

f) Antenna Kit with 21 dBi Dish Antenna, 50 Ft Cable, Light, Arrest

much thing .. for one point to another & if I want to use the same thing with ohter then again I have to give setup of 2 pairs of these thing from the base ...eg if the five place address is like A, B, C, D, E & A is the middle of these then I have to give a setup from A to B and again if i want to connect A to C then again I have to give a setup of to one more pces of antena to the A station to connect from A TO C. but I want to use A as multi point .. in that case for A what are the equipment i need for A .. please provide me the solution. If not pleased give me some reference where I can get this solutions.

Regards

Minhaz(CCNA)

1 Reply 1

spiderbite
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like you will need an omni directional antenna for your A bridge. This radiates in a 360 pattern and will allow connectivity to your other bridges.

However, I implore you to do a site survey and make sure your equipment is compatible with your needs.

How far away are your links going to be? Do you have a clear line of site? What are the antenna limitations for India?

Good luck

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card