Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

While copy IOS image by TFTP CISCO aironet 1200

Hi All,

Today i erase my Cisco aironet FLASH.

Now when i trying to copy new image to AP it give me permisstion denied error.

I tried everythig that was discussed in same case.

1 i set my system ip address by

ap: set IP_ADDR 192.168.1.1

ap: set NETMASK 255.255.255.0

ap: set DEFAULT_ROUTER 192.168.1.2------this is TFTP Server ip

After that i execute

tftp_init

Now image location on my PC is as c:/TFTP-ROOT/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEC3.tar

Can anyone help me .

What command i have to enter to copy this image to CISCO AP.

I tried to copy by

copy tftp://192.168.1.2/c:/TFTP-ROOT/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEC3.tar flash:

It give me error

access denied

ot permission denied ...............it there is any problem in permission of flash directory if that is case how can i change the permission of Flash

Also When i tried to ping 192.168.1.1(AP ip) with My TFTP ip 192.168.1.2...... iam not getting any response.(i am using straight cable)

Please send me a proper procedure

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: While copy IOS image by TFTP CISCO aironet 1200

The commands for a rommon recovery on an AP are a bit different than what you do on a switch or a router.  Take a look at the below link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14636

Basically, instead of calling the tftp you call tar -xtract

tar -xtract tftp://192.168.1.2/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEC3.tar flash:

You'll need to be watching to hit the space bar when the ---MORE--- comes up, otherwise it will time out.

you shoulnd't have to call the full path, if your TFTP server points at your TFTP-ROOT directory.  If you just point it at c: then you would need to do the full call.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
1 REPLY

Re: While copy IOS image by TFTP CISCO aironet 1200

The commands for a rommon recovery on an AP are a bit different than what you do on a switch or a router.  Take a look at the below link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14636

Basically, instead of calling the tftp you call tar -xtract

tar -xtract tftp://192.168.1.2/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEC3.tar flash:

You'll need to be watching to hit the space bar when the ---MORE--- comes up, otherwise it will time out.

you shoulnd't have to call the full path, if your TFTP server points at your TFTP-ROOT directory.  If you just point it at c: then you would need to do the full call.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies