Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 2000 and Aironet 350 Adapter

eastewart
Level 1
Level 1

At the risk of sounding stupid ...

I'm having a really hard time getting an Aironet 350 adapter to work in my Dell laptop. I recently rebuilt the laptop with Windows 2000 Pro and have installed SP2. I have downloaded the newest drivers for the card, updated it's firmware, and the card works in a Compaq iPAQ.

It looks, near as I can tell, that the wirelss card just isn't transmitting. It *is* associating with the 350 Access Point; however, it is not able to contact the network (either DHCP or with a statically configured IP) nor ping the access point. The AP's config has not changed at all, and I've made sure WEP is not active on either end.

Has anyone run into problems with Windows 2000 and the 350 adapter? Am I missing something simple? What should I check?

1 Reply 1

webcats
Level 1
Level 1

Try this...

https://webcats.securesites.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=aironet_ca&action=display&num=1002894994

Just make sure when you are installing you are choosing the cisco driver and not the windows 2k version driver.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: