Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Windows XP and Client Utility for AP350

The 'SSID1' field gets changed to all vertical-looking bars or boxes when the client associates with the AP. I can change the SSID back to 'johndoe' and it associates, then unassociates. If you go back into the utility, the SSID is changed back to the unrecognizable characters. i upgraded the client utilities to the latest (4.15.015) with no luck. any ideas? works fine on non-xp machines.

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Windows XP and Client Utility for AP350

right-click on the wireless connection icon in the tool bar>view available wireless networks>...then make sure your network is highlited and click "advanced"...then highlite your network in the available networks window and click "configure"..then make sure the correct SSID is listed in the SSID field and MOST IMPORTANTLY make sure you have the Data Encryption box checked along with the "key is provided for me automatically" box checked in the bottom of the window. I am under the assumption you are using WEP keys because I had the EXACT same problem until I checked those boxes. Once I did that the problem was fixed. You basically have to tell XP what you are doing in regard to wireless. Previous versions of windows didn't have wireless support built in like XP does. I hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies