cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP, AP350, EAP, and Cisco ACS

evan.davis
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get XP w/350 card communicating to an AP350 and Cisco ACS (for authentication) using EAP but I am not successful.

Any hints on what I need to use EAP on XP with this setup? I have a Win98 client working fine (w/LEAP).

Must one have a Microsoft RADIUS server for XP EAP support?

If so, how do I use ACS with the RADIUS server?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Evan

6 Replies 6

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

dsergile
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently having the same issues here. I can get associated. with XP. I have tried every combination I can think of in the ACU and within the XP settings. What it currenlty looks like is that the Microsoft EAP and the Cisco ACU are incompatible. I don't know if it is the driver I would say no due to the fact that we associate. We are having a Cisco Engineer come out. If he can't come up with anything we are going to talk to microsoft. If any one at Cisco has ANY ideas I would appreciate it. That way we can save time and money.

bradyrf
Level 1
Level 1

I have my 340 card working with Cisco ACS and XP, Shouldnt be an issue you are using the ACU to setup the Client, I believe there is a setting in XP to not use XP to configure the wireless so a external program can take over. 2) The access point talks to the ACS server which can validate you against many different things including NT groups.... You have my email address Ill share whatever I know.

Cheers

We have 350s in the building, and bradyrf's solution works great with XP. Just go into the LAN profile for WLAN and select the "Wireless Networks" tab (I think). Deselect the option at the top where is says something like "Allow XP to configure device". You can then install and run ACU to configure the card. Worked first time with me.

a.mayat
Level 1
Level 1

Have you had to set up a Certificate Authority to enable EAP-TLS on your XP machines?

jimmy.seah
Level 1
Level 1

Have anyone successfuly implement a setup using EAP-MD5, using Windows XP, Cisco ACS? I know Cisco recommand EAP-TLS but was trying out using EAP-MD5 and wasn't able to get it working.

Jimmy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card