Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Antennas

We have in our factory AGV's(Automated Guided Vehicles) that roam about the factory. I would like to connect those to our wireless network using 350 workgroup briges. I need to mount the WGB under a hood of the AGV and mount the antenna outside. Is there an antenna that I could use that would remotely attach to a 350 WGB via a 12 -24 inch cable? I know that I would have to use the model AIR-WGB352R w/dual RP-TNC connectors. I'm just looking for antenna options. Thanks..

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Wireless Antennas

Most of these will work with the WGB (the only one that wont are the ones for the LMC cards)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps469/products_data_sheet09186a0080092285.html

AIR-ANT1728 sounds like a good choice for this applications depending on what mounting options you have

Re: Wireless Antennas

Hello,

You need omni antennas. Omni antennas provide a 360 degree coverage area. This is the best solution for a roaming type of vehicle. I would also recommend LMR-400 coaxial cable to connect the WGB to the external antenna. Check out the following site:

www.fab-corp.com

These guys are very helpful and have everything you need.

HTH,

Larry Roberts

CCIE #7886 (R&S / Security)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content