Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless bridge acceptance criteria

Hi y'all,

I just finished a project that consists of Aironet 1310's and some switches. The whole thing is working fine. See attachment for the simple diagram.

Next week, we'll be in the commissioning phase and I would like to know what sort of parameters can be used as bullet points for the acceptance document? I mean, doing some pings might not be enough for the end user.

Thanks

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: Wireless bridge acceptance criteria

Hi,

When there are VLAN's the pings are quite missleading.

Besides latency, one should measure the quality of the links (lost packets), their capacity (Mbps), and confiability (uptime).

Finally, the security is another important factor.

Best Regards,

Igor Sotelo.

I would agree about including reliability (uptime), performance (throughput), amd security in the criteria. But where can I get info on the acceptable values?

For example; This being a wireless link operating at the relatively crowded 2.4GHz, it is somewhat expected that some form of sporiadic interference could cause RF errors... errors that may have an impact on performance at best, or reliability at worst. This begs the question of what would be the acceptable values or rule-of-thumb for error percentages, etc.

Thanks!

Hi,

I spoke yesterday with the local Cisco Systems office. They have told me that a multipoint link using Aironet 1310's should operate in the 48-24 Mbps range within the 1 km range.

I'm attaching a Cisco Excel (freeware) utility which helps to figure the expected performance, according to the antenna gain, cables attenuation, atmospheric and topgraphic conditions.

It has to be noted that the utility has been designed for point to point links, and the multipoint links should deliver much shorter ranges and lower speed performace.

Best Regards,

Igor Sotelo.

Hi, thanks but I already have this utility. Anyway, I already got hold of a colleague who's helping me write a draft acceptance form.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.