cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless bridge and secondary address for backup

ajarina
Level 1
Level 1

In my place, we have 2 offices connected over 64kbps using 2 2610. Each one is using different subnets. I want to connect them using the new 350 bridges. I want to create another subnet for the WLAN. I tried to add a secondary address on the ethernet port but it cant even ping the bridge, but i can ping a workstation? Why not with the bridge?

If i can get the secondary ethernet address to ping the bridge and even ping to the secondary ethernet address of the next router, then i should be able to have a floating static addrress for both routers for redundancy. The primary link will be the WLAN then the secondary would be the leased line. I hope im on the right track. Anybody care to help?

1 Reply 1

e.slavov
Level 1
Level 1

So i thing the best way to use the both links is to run a EIGRP. You must configure a load balancing with "variance" command or use "backup interface" & "backup load" to specify interface and load and % for activation. Another good decision i think is to run policy based routing for using interfaces for different kind of traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card