cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless bridge network 5 root bridges in one area

cmelbourne
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has 4 350 bridges all connecte to a switch, each bridge points to a different site. There is talk of adding to this and bring on another site, which means 6 root bridges all on the same tower going off to different sites

Can anyone tell me if any of the other bridges will interfer with this, they all use different ssid's, for example bridge 1 on the tower talks to site 2 with ssid of 11111 and bridge 2 on the tower talks to a different site with an ssid of 22222.

I basically want to know will i get intereference from any of the other bridges ?

4 Replies 4

amitubale
Level 1
Level 1

The BR350 have only 3 non-overlaping radio channels, there will be radio interference between atleat 2 bridges ( since 2 out of 6 will be on the same channel). The interference probably be very less if you are using a directional antennas to point ot the desired direction (e.g parabolic)

abrahamj
Level 1
Level 1

The best way to guard against interference among your your paths is to use directional antennas like the 24 dBi gain reflector grid type antenna. That way you are narrowing the beamwidth. If you have any antennas on near paralell azimuths, you only have to rotate the polarization of the shot to separate the path.

Hi,

Thanks for the information, All bridges use directional antennas, some use the yagi and some use the solid dish. They all point out to seperate locations as well, example east x1, 1 bridge at west , 1 x north etc....

The only problem is that the new site that is coming onboard will be pointing in the same direction as one of the others so I am a bit worried about interference on that one, if 2 antennas are pointing in the same direction and the you have 2 antennas from different sites pointing to these , do you think there will be some interference ?

I think it also depends on the Front to Back Lobe ratio. The Directional antennas should not really have any back lobes, ideally, but in practice you will find a minimum Front to back lobe ratio. because of which there could be interference between the two antennas placed opposite to each other...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: