Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Bridge - Nosferatu command?

Configuring some bridges today... doing some testing... went to run a Linktest between the 2 bridges and see a "nosferatu" command...???

ROOT_BRIDGE#dot11 dot11Radio 0 ?
  bfmr              Set radio FW CVBF beamformer flags
  carrier           Carrier detect test
  channel-set       Set channel
  cvbf              CV Beamforming <enable|disable>
  edca-parameters   Configure custom edca parameters
  linktest          test the radio link
  nos               nosferatu
  packet-send-loop  Send packet in a loop
  packet-send-one   Send one packet
  radio-reset       radio reset
  update-group-key  Update Group Key
  vhtopmode         Send VHT Action Op Mode

ROOT_BRIDGE#dot11 dot11Radio 0 nos ?
  set-TH  set threshold

ROOT_BRIDGE#dot11 dot11Radio 0 nos set ?
  <0-1000>  value in usec

ROOT_BRIDGE#dot11 dot11Radio 0 nos set 1000 ?
  <cr>

Curiosity got me looking online for what this might be and, other than Vampire hits, I was not able to find any description of what this is.

Anybody know?  Not that I need to know what it is... just more of curiosity thing and that I like to understand as many commands and settings as possible...

Thanks!

8 REPLIES

Are these 1532s by chance? By

Are these 1532s by chance? By guess and its only a guess is this has something to do with carrier sense. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

I reached out to Aaron

I reached out to Aaron Leonard and a couple others to see if they can weigh in on what this means.

--

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes, great guess! They are

Yes, great guess! They are 1532i's.

They are running 15.2(4)JB5

Cisco Employee

Well if they are 1532's then

Well if they are 1532's then they can't take a WSSI model, so this command should do nothing.

If this bothers you, you can open a TAC case and ask the TAC engr to file a bug to have this command removed or hidden.

Cheers,

Aaron

No really an issue, just more

Not really an issue, just more of a curiosity and I knew this would be the best place to ask.

No big deal... thanks for everybody's help and input though!

What type of AP and what code

What type of AP and what code version are you running?

I took a look at my 1142 running 12.4-25.JA2 and I don't see the nosferatu command

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

They are 1532i's and I have

They are 1532i's and I have Autonomous code on them.  15.2(4)JB5

Cisco Employee

"nosferatu" was the code name

"nosferatu" was the code name for the WSSI module.  Guess this is some detritus from the development work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content