cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Bridge that doesn't require coax from injector

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

Does Cisco have a 5.8 Ghz wireless bridge available that does not require 2 separate strands of Coax between the power injector and the Bridge? I have been looking at the 1400 Bridges but using coax would mean I would have to run about 200 feet of coax x2 from the top of my tower all the way to my wiring closet rather than a simple single outdoor rated cat6 line. Does anyone have any thoughts on this. I need this to be in the unlicensed 5 ghz band and support WPA2.

1 Reply 1

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

If you plan it correctly, you can mount your 1400 indoors and run the antenna cable outside and up the tower. This shouldn't be done for long links, and it will drop your signal strength at the antenna.

Other than that, Cisco does not have such a bridge. Your only option would be to mount a 1242 in a NEMA-enclosure on top of the tower.

Keep in mind that Cisco and other cable makers have a dual-strand coax, so it's still one cable you're running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card