Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless bridge

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have two wireless bridges about 200 Meters apart from each other. Everything has been working good so far. Lately I have noticed that the performance has gone done of the bridge, I am not sure where to start, any help would be highly appreciated. There is some construction that has started near the bridge site,but i am not sure how that is effecting the bridge.

1 Reply 1

SJessulat_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

there are many possible causes for this. But out of my experience theses are most common:

- Building or treee in the way of transmission. There is a "Fresnel Zone" around the straight line-of-sight, which should be free of obstacles, too. Check if there is enough free space in this area.

- Other WiFi-devices installed recently. Maybe a neighbor near one of the bridges just added a WiFi-device on the same channel. Check via AirMagnet or use 802.11a with DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection).

- Other Non-WiFi interference. Some devices like production machines or Wireless video cameras interfere with 802.11g. You could check that via Cisco Spectrum Expert or just use 802.11a.

Hmm, that's it for now. Sorry, if i forgot something.

Greets,

Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card