Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless compliance and regulatory domain in Brazil

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Community,

I'm a guy from Europe and my task is to implement an outdoor mesh deployment in approx. 10 countries.

To see what kind of APs (order codes for different regulatory domains) are needed, I'll refer to this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a_ps10092_Products_Data_Sheet.html

It states, that Brazil is part of the Taiwan (-T) regulatory domain. I guess this is a fault in the document, right?

The other listed states from South America are mostly part of the FCC (-A) or the Non-FCC (-N) domain. I guess the right AP for Brazil would be one with -N in the product code.

Can someone confirm this (perhaps someone from Brazil ? )

Kind regards

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Flavio Correa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Johannes,

This is the way that Brazil Regulatory domains are defined today:

- For indoor and indoor rugged APs 2.4GHz only - Regulatory Domain A

- For indoor and indoor rugged APs Dual Band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) - Regulatory Domain T

- For outdoor products - Regulatory Domain N

I know it sounds like a mistake in the documentation but that´s the way it works here in Brazil

BR,

FC

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Flavio Correa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Johannes,

This is the way that Brazil Regulatory domains are defined today:

- For indoor and indoor rugged APs 2.4GHz only - Regulatory Domain A

- For indoor and indoor rugged APs Dual Band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) - Regulatory Domain T

- For outdoor products - Regulatory Domain N

I know it sounds like a mistake in the documentation but that´s the way it works here in Brazil

BR,

FC

Hey Flavio,

Wow - never imagined, there is one country that uses different reg. domains.

Thank you for the detailled answer!

Nickolus Looper
Level 1
Level 1

FC - 

Have you ever experienced an issue where you were unable to enable to the 5 GHz radio on an AP in the T regulatory domain?  I'm working on an issue where a LAP-2602I-T lightweight access point will not let me set the Country Code to BR or enable the a/n radio.

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

You shouldn't have problems with that because 2602i AP uses -T regulatory domain for Country Code Brazil. Do you have multiple country codes enabled? If you do check at the Advanced Tab of the AP Configuration if the AP is using the right country config.

BR

Flavio

Hi Flavio -

Thanks for the reply!

We vfd that the WLC and the AP itself had the proper country codes enabled.  What we ended up doing was replacing the 2602 with a spare 1142, and now we see clients connecting on both bands.  I'm suspecting an issue with that particular 2602, but we won't know for sure until we replace 'like for like'.

Nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: