Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless deployment on remote site

wain_ip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I will deploy a 4400 series WLC and APs in HQ and about 10 remote sites soon. I have some requirments, the HQ and remote sites are running VPN, the WLC will be placed in HQ, the AP will run H-REAP mode and each site will have 2 SSID, one for public, one for internal. My question is, should each site use same SSID and subnet or create different SSID and subnet for the remote sites? Please help. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is nothing to manage.

The APs tunnel all traffic back to the WLC, so you can use the same subnet on all remote sites and it will be as if all clients were on the central site. Your routing will only perceive that subnet as present in central site.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kam,

I'd go with all sites using the same SSID.  This will make the management easier, 2 SSID instead of 22( 20 remote, 2 local).  It will also make it easier if you have people that visit to a different site, they will already have a profile created to connect to the wireless.

HTH,

Steve

*Please remember to rate helpful posts*

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for your information.

But as same SSID on each remote site, how to manage the route? As the wireless subnet would exist in each remote site.

There is nothing to manage.

The APs tunnel all traffic back to the WLC, so you can use the same subnet on all remote sites and it will be as if all clients were on the central site. Your routing will only perceive that subnet as present in central site.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Thank you for inforamtion.

I will try to follow this recommendation to configure the devices.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card